Pageviews

Sunday 12 August 2012

15. 

"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour..."



So I finally hit that 1000 views mark, took quite a while, but each blog is averaging around 75 views so that's not too bad seeing as it's only been going just over a month. Please introduce new people to it, like the Facebook Page, read it twice?


I've had a busy week, it was my first full week out of training in my new job. It went pretty well actually, it's like any job really, it has its ups and downs. What I quite like about this one is that I have external email access, so when  it's really quiet in the mornings I usually just sit and write my blog posts via email and send them to myself, so technically I'm getting paid to write now. Win! I do realise that I could be doing far more productive things, like learning the systems better or making myself more knowledgeable on our competitors, but I just can't be bothered to, this is far more enjoyable.



I was thinking on the train to work this morning how lucky I am to be born when I was. I was born in '89 and grew up in the age of the computer and the Internet. Throughout high school we used to use the likes of MSN Messenger and towards the end MySpace, but no where near to the level of today where everyone has Facebook, Twitter, Bebo, Google+, etc. I'm quite thankful these things only really took off when I was older and wiser to them. You hear stories in the news all the time about kids being bullied on the Internet, embarrassing photographs of people being put online and organising to crash house parties. I reckon I could have got in to some awkward situations when I was a bit younger had Facebook been as prominent as it is now. I also stumbled across one of the best groups on Facebook...ever! Some of you may be aware of this, it's called 'Embarrassing Night Club Photos Of The Week'. You should definitely check this out.





How good would it be to go back in time? I've always thought this would be an amazing thing to do. I'm not going to go into the logistics of whether or not this is a possible concept, it's too much effort. I'm simply referring to the idea of it. I've always thought it would be good to go back to the early 20th century Britain. I wouldn't want to go back too far, where there would be too much of a language barrier and I would want to go back as my modern day self. Pair of jeans, converse, printed tee on, iPhone in pocket with a deck of 20 Marlboro. Just to see what the reaction would be when I pulled out my phone to take a picture, or showing someone my Casio wristwatch and that it didn't have a dial AND it had a light on it! It's the small things that amuse me and it's this that makes me think it would be so much fun. Imagine if you could go back just 20 years in time. You could change the course of history, like Lou does in Hot Tub Time Machine. You could invent the things you know are going to be invented, plagiarise classic songs before they've even been written, invest in successful companies when they're start ups. The possibilities would be endless and hugely profitable. I'd probably do the world a favour and drown Jedward at birth. Madonna too?




The weather has started to pick up as of late, as a matter of fact I wore a t-shirt to work the other day, I was absolutely freezing because it was only like 16 degrees, but at least the sun was out. 

I went out with people from work on Friday for drinks and bowling. Every now and again the company takes a group of people out for nights out like these. Why is it I always manage to make a right tit of myself? I drink that little bit too much and end up in a bit of a state. I'm just waiting for someone to come up to me and say "Hey do you remember doing this..." and I won't have a clue what they're on about. They say you live and learn, but I never seem to do the learning part.

Since moving to Melbourne I have developed a taste for new foods. Our peg has always said that I've got a 'poor man's taste', she's nice like that. Well I think I may have done away with this aspect now. When I first got here I thought the food was really pretentious and wankerish. A good meal to me was a Weatherspoons fry up on a Sunday morning or a Toby Carvery roast. Alice took me to this breakfast spot called Porgie & Mr. Jones and the typical breakfast was 'smashed avocado on sour dough bread, free range poached eggs, thyme buttered mushrooms with slow cooked tomato and a side of bacon'. When I first saw this I was like "What is this? I just want a fat fry up and a brew". I must now admit that it's probably my favourite meal. God help me if I ever move back to England, I'll be forever turning my nose up at my mums full english and she would not like that,not one bit.




I'd just like to give my good friend Big Wash another quick mention. His stand up career seems to be going from strength to strength and is doing really well for himself thus far. Well done Sir, I'm proud of you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, I've just read your blog...