Pageviews

Monday 23 July 2012

12. Mixed Bag...

12.
Mixed Bag...


Hello there one and all. I don't usually Blog on a Sunday but I thought I'd make an exception to that rule today. God might want to have a day off, but I don't.



I went to some natural hot springs on Friday. Me and our peg got up at like 7.00am and drove there as we wanted to enjoy it when it wasn't too busy. It's pretty good to be honest with you, very picturesque, out in the middle of nowhere and pretty relaxing. Basically you just pop your swim shorts (or bikini) on, get a robe on and have a wander around the different pools that are there and chill out in them. I usually hate really hot water, like when you jump in the shower after your girlfriend and jump out with 3rd degree burns because it's a good 10 degrees hotter than it needs to be, but you get used to it. The water in the pools was between 36-42 degrees, and when you first get in there it does feel properly hot, but after that most of them feel around the same temperature. Well, that's what I thought until I got in the 42 degrees pool and got out looking sunburned from the waist down. 


After spending a couple of hours pottering around in my robe and thongs (flip-flops) it was off to go see the towns nearby. We visited a few seaside towns called Rye, Portsea and Sorrento, had a walk along the main streets and stopped for some fish and chips. Not really much going on in a small seaside town in the middle of Winter as it happens, unless you run in to the worlds most enthusiastic information guide. We spent a good 15 minutes in this wooden hut whilst she proceeded to tell us about the fantastic enchanted maze, local strawberry farms and the best place to see glass art and sent us on our way with no less than 7 brochures covering these activities. Enthralling stuff I assure you.

Today was my first game playing for my new 'Futsal' team. I don't know why it has been given a ridiculous name, it's just 5-a-side indoor football with a weighted ball. Well anyway, it turned out to be pretty good. I managed to set up our only goal as we got thrashed 7-1, it sounds pretty bad but to be fair we were playing the team that are top of the league and we had 4 new players. Better luck next time. 

Our peg has also decided that I don't have enough to do these days and has taken to writing me lists of things I must complete. It's bad enough when she writes me a shopping list for the supermarket, that usually takes me 20 minutes longer than your average woman to complete. Here it is.


Inspired by the LAD Bible I have added her a list at the bottom. I don't think she will appreciate it as she saw me with a pen and thought I was crossing things off the list she made for me, and proceeded to praise me. LAD. 


And finally, I was sat thinking on the tram the other day, and this is where I come up with my general rants against the world. My most recent in these rants is when people say; "There's nothing worse than that is there?", and it's generally about something that can be slightly annoying like toothache, or when a pen runs out. Is there really nothing worse than that? What about getting mugged? Or raped? Or marrying Tom Cruise? Surely they would be considered by most normal people as being worse? Next time you go to utter that sentence, why don't you actually take a second and think, is there really nothing worse than that?

Peace out girl scout.


1 comment:

Hey, I've just read your blog...