Pageviews

Thursday 12 July 2012

9. Video Killed The Radio Star...

Video Killed The Radio Star...


So it’s been a somewhat uninspiring week. I’ve sat down at least 3 times to write this blog at home and keep getting distracted, so I’ve ventured out to a café for a coffee and a muffin in attempt to find some inspiration. And then I discovered they had free Wi-Fi here and have been distracted once more...



I watched Ted the other night. Now it seems like a rather weird concept for a film, a little boy has no friends, gets a teddy bear for Christmas and wishes for it to come to life, and then it does. Fast-forward 27 years and they live together and get stoned all day.  It was actually really funny and after about 10 minutes of watching it you forget Ted is actually a computer animated character and get right into it. I recommend you see it. Another film with aweird concept is ‘Hot Tub Time Machine’. In my opinion it’s the most bizarre conceptever, but a work of genius. On the other side of the spectrum you have 'Snakes On A Plane'. No comment needed on that one is there?






In other news I would like to congratulate my good friend Big Wash on successfully completing his first stand-up gig. I’m genuinely gutted to have not been in attendance, and from what I hear he did very well indeed. Those of you who know him will attest that he is a naturally funny and outrageous kind of person, and if he channels as much energy into this as he does editing pictures on Microsoft Paint and delivering letters (he’s a Postman), then he will do very well for himself. Here’s an example of one of Big Wash’s recent works on Paint...






I’ve been out and about round Melbourne quite a lot during the course of this week, just pottering around the city and looking for good photo opportunities. I got a bit over that as there’s only so many times you can take pictures of Flinders St Station and Southbank, so I decided to get a little creative at home. I decided to freeze my watch into ablock of ice and see what it would look like, here’s the result. I call this ‘Freezing Time’. My watch had been sat in the freezer for a good 48 hours and still works like… well, like clockwork.









In other news, I just heard that from September Chris Moyles will no longer be hosting the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. This saddens me greatly. I realise he’s very much like Marmite in that you either love him or hate him, but I think he’s great entertainment. He’s the self-proclaimed saviour of Radio 1 and will be missed.






And finally, I've noticed more and more people doing this in the last few weeks, wearing specs with no lenses in them! Now it does appear to be most common in Asian women under the age of 25. I know people have done it for ages, poking the plastic out of the 3D glasses you get at the cinema and doing it for a laugh. But the people I see doing it around Melbourne are dressed up to the nines and are wearing proper frames, just with no glass in them...and think it looks good. I wear glasses and I generally hate wearing them, so I tend to wear contacts. So, why do these people feel the need to wear shitty frames, strike a pose with the peace sign and shouting "Fujiiii!!"


Holla.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, I've just read your blog...