Pageviews

Sunday 29 July 2012

13. Puppy love...

13. 
Puppy love...


Been a bit quiet on the Blog front this week. My apologies, I’ve been somewhat busy. So I’ve managed to secure myself a new full-time job working for an energy company right near where I used to work.  Tell you what, they didn’t half make me jump through a load of hoops to get the job! I hope it’s worthwhile. First it was the telephone interview, then a group assessment consisting of  2 group presentations, 2 role plays, 2 behavioral interview questions, 2 competency based questions, 2 mock calls, an online call centre simulation exercise and online behavioral assessment. Oh, and then 2 reference checks, one from Australia and another from the U.K. and then a full weeks worth of training. I’ll let you know how I get on.

In previous posts I have vented my anger and dislike for cooking. My culinary skills are terrible, and I have never had any desire to enhance them. Well that has kind of changed as of late. I always thought learning to cook was a pointless exercise, why do it when someone else can do it for you, right? Well I’ve had a slight change of stance on the situation and decided that I now quite like it. This week I have made spaghetti bolognaise for the wife and her family, Jamie Oliver’s Pea Soup, Spicy Shepperd's Pie and poached eggs with smashed avocado...all from scratch! Now I know that these aren’t exactly the most challenging or exciting of meals, but you have to start somewhere right?



I have still been making the most of my time away from working and reading a lot. I know I’ve talked a bit about it in the past too, but I just can’t get enough of the Sherlock Holmes novels and short stories. I couldn’t help but notice a lot of similarities between current TV characters and there behaviours, and that of Mr. Holmes & Dr. Watson. One that springs to mind straight away is that of Dr. House and Wilson in House M.D. House is the wild genius, testing out absurd methods of treatment and constantly overly analysing situations and motives, and has someone to pull him back into reality in the form of Wilson. It’s a very similar set-up in the Sherlock novels, with Sherlock being the wild, bohemian genius and Watson is there to try keep him in check. There’s also the comedy aspect of it, having two grown men living together domestically and behaving in the manner you may come to expect of a married couple, as well as pursuing wild adventures together. Also, there’s the drug use, the musical talent of House /Holmes.  I think I may have cracked a case of my own here. House is just a plagiarized version of Sherlock. Genius.



When I first started this Blog I would write down anything remotely interesting I have done each day and then email it to myself so I always had a record of what I’d done and where I’d been. But I forgot to do that this week, so it’s proving a little difficult to remember everything. My memory is terrible at the best of times so this is rather challenging. That’s proof in itself isn’t it? I forgot to write things down so I could remember them in the future? What a moron.

It's Soulja Boys birthday today. I know this because I googled 'celebrity birthday today' and found out. I thought I'd have a quick look to see what Soulja Boy is up to these days, he's been a bit quiet on the musical front lately. Apparently he has his own tablet now. Here's the android powered device which is mounting a 'challenge' against the Apple iPad. Hmmm Good luck with that. "Soulja Boy tell em".

I’m playing my second Futsal match this Sunday. I’ve been doing more running throughout the week to try and improve my fitness as I nearly coughed up a lung after last weeks game. Hopefully we’ll do a bit better than our 7-1 thrashing of last week!

I was reading in bed last night and our peg started to do a bit of sleep-talking. She does this from time to time and it’s generally just a word or two of nonsense and then she goes back to sleep. Last night was a little different we had a full blown conversation. I even made a video, but I think she’d kill me if I put that on here so here is a transcription of said conversation;

A: *incomprehensible mumble*
D: "Alice?"
A: "spaghetti and veg"
D: "spaghetti and veg?"
A: "mmmmm"
D: "what do you want for dessert?"
A: "erm...I dunno... I don't want dessert"
D: "do you want a cup of tea?"
A: *incomprehensible mumble*
D: "Alice?"
A: "what?!...Fuck Off!"

One of the features of using Blogger, the site which hosts my Blog is that it lets you know which country people are reading from. At the moment there’s people reading in the United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Russia, Japan and Germany. How good is the Internet? I can sit here in a small café in Melbourne, type about what’s going on and have people read about it on a completely different continent.



We have had a new addition to the household this week. Our maud’s sister got a new puppy. His name is Theodore Franklin Hicks, AKA Teddy and is a Tibetan Spaniel, here he is…



I’ve just realised today’s Blog doesn’t really include any funny anecdotes, well with the exception of the maud sleep talking. I’m going to put this down to me not writing what’s happened down this week, I’m sure some interesting and funny things have happened, I just can’t remember them. Well, I hope the Blog has still been somewhat interesting to you. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated. Hit me up with suggestions of things you would like to see on here.



Much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, I've just read your blog...